Related Injustice: The Bundy and Trump Investigations
In late March, the Department of Justice (DOJ) moved again against Cliven Bundy’s family, this time requesting dismissal of Ryan Bundy’s lawsuit against several government officials arising from the government’s handling of the so-called “Bunkerville Standoff.”
Bundy’s lawsuit – filed last year – names former Attorneys General Jeff Sessions, Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder and former BLM Director Neil Kornze as well as ex-FBI Director James Comey. The suit accuses them of “illegal search and seizure and excessive force, but also subsequent meritless illegal and malicious prosecution.”
Bundy Update: A Friend of the Court
Bundy Appeal Update: Just a Handful of Documents? (Part 2)
Bundy Appeal Update: Just a Handful of Documents?
Last week, I told you that February 6, 2019, Federal Prosecutors appealed U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro’s January 8, 2018 dismissal of the case against Cliven Bundy and three other defendants, citing the prosecutors’ “flagrant misconduct.”
As I reported in my book, Cliven Bundy: American Patriot, in her mistrial ruling the month before her dismissal of the case, Judge Navarro:
listed six types of evidence that she said prosecutors deliberately withheld before trial, including information about the presence of an FBI surveillance camera on a hill overlooking the Bundy ranch and information concerning issues outside the ranch, maps, an FBI log with entries about snipers, threat assessments that indicated the Bundys were not violent, and that the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) was trying to provoke a conflict by antagonizing the Bundys and their supporters.