AMS is short for Amazon Marketing Solutions, the ad platform that is available to be “your” platform, if you are a “published author” (which means you are an automatic seller on Amazon).
Bottom Line: If you have a book you’ve written, selling on Amazon, then you can use AMS to advertise you’re on. Okay, great – you have a new advertising platform to use a new venue to sell your books.
Why should you care?
Because people actually BUY BOOKS on AMAZON, which makes its platform venue worlds apart from those of Twitter, Facebook, BookPub, etc. This means the readers you want to reach are reading your ad!
Better yet, on AMS you are only charged for people when they actually “click” your specific ad, which means you freely get all the hype, the visibility, and brand awareness for nothing!... on top of being available for your target reader to click on and read your ad.
How to Get Started
1. Go to AMS website. log in, using your KDP details.
2. Amazon offers two (2) Ad Options
a) Sponsored Product Ads
b) Product Display Ads
*Begin by using both a) and b) to see which one is most effective.
The difference is that a) Sponsored Ads appear in:
- Search result listings; and
- “also bought” and other book listings.
While b) Product Display Ads appear:
- Right next to the books description; and
- Directly on reader’s kindle devices, i.e., kindle home screen.
3. Select the book you want to Advertise in the drop-down menu.
4. Name your campaign.
Recommend – choose “Advertise Book Title”, or keep it short and simple, because you can’t edit a campaign name.
5. Set your budget.
- For a) Sponsored Product Ads, suggest starting at $2. To $5. Per day… running continuously, daily for its duration (chances are you will only spend a small portion of your daily budget because you are only charged for “clicks” on your specific ad)
- For b) Product Display Ads, which require a “cost per click” budget to be set in advance, a suggestion of $100 a month or up to 60 days would be recommended, or as long as your ad campaign continues.
6. Set your target.
- For a) Sponsored Product Ads, you have two (2) target options:
1. Automatic Targeting; Amazon does a great job here
2. Manual Targeting; where you enter keywords; (where Amazon runs your ad to those people who search for those keywords)
- For b) Product Display Ads, your two (2) target options are:
- by Interest; (which is pretty simple, you just select a different categories of interest that relate to your book),
- by Product; which gives more variety, because you can select which exact titles you want your ad to show up under, and can determine those names by searching for them by name, by genre, or by ASIN, (Amazon’s identification number)
7. Set your bid
You need to select and pick a maximum dollar amount you feel is acceptable, that you are ready and willing to pay for each “click” that shows your ad. We suggest starting at 05¢ to 10¢ per click to start with.
8. Last steps
1. Photo Image, and
2. Advertisement Copy
Photo Image – AMS will always use your cover design as the photo image for your Ad. Therefore, you must have a strong professional cover design.
Advertisement Copy— Your advertising copy is the one thing you can customize. Remember. you only have 150 characters for your ad. The key is to characterize your book in “one line”, so you can use the excess letters/words to enhance its appeal by use of comparable authors or social proof, or other means you feel noteworthy.
If you have a story to tell, let GetPublished help you tell it!
GetPublished is an emerging powerhouse in book publishing. We’ve joined the two worlds of traditional and self-publishing into one company that can help do it all. Our capabilities and relationships allow us to create targeted and integrated book campaigns that mobilize high-profile contacts in your niche, capitalize on word-of-mouth marketing through social marketers, and extend your reach into the most prominent media publications. Our authors have the unparalleled service of an Executive Editor, one who will work with you in putting your story ideas into book form. Once that’s completed, our professional designers will work with you to design the cover and interior to make your book ready to sell.
GetPublished markets your book by distributing to every major book seller on three continents.
About Michael Stickler
To set up an appointment to speak to a Literary Agent:
Email: Alfredo Baguio
Call: (702) 605-4354